Grease is one of the most common cause for hiring a drain cleaning company in Columbus, Ohio One of the reasons is the food that you put down the garbage disposal; and the second reason is washing dishes, pots and pans that have grease on them. The fact of the matter is that no matter how careful you are with food, grease will build up in your drain pipes causing you to hire a drain cleaning company. Obviously, you probably use hot water when you wash the dishes, but the hot water cools off when it contacts with the colder piping in the lower parts of your plumbing and this is what starts the grease buildup in your drains. The grease that you wash down your pipes only starts with a thin film that coats the insides of them, but it eventually collects and builds into a blockage that can only be cleaned out by a professional plumber. If you suspect that your drain pipes are slowing down, it is better to call a plumber in Columbus Ohio right away rather than wait until a real problem develops.
Plenty of things can go wrong around the house during a normal day. Blocked drains are a time-wasting nuisance. Keep them clear with a few simple measures.
You’re bound to encounter one sooner or later, but there’s plenty you can do in the meantime to keep clogged drains at bay, such as:
- Place a strainer over kitchen and bathroom drains if they don’t already have one to prevent hair, pieces of soap, and other debris from slipping through. Clean the strainer as needed. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Every so often remove tub and sink pop-up stoppers and rinse them off.
- Some tubs, showers, and basement floor drains have strainers that are screwed into the drain opening. You can easily remove them and reach down into the drain with a bent wire to clear out accumulated debris. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Pour grease into a coffee can to dispose of with your regular trash – not in your disposal.
- Flush your kitchen drain with cold water before, during, and after using your garbage disposal. Cold water helps prevent food particles from clinging to the inside of your pipes.
- If your clothes washer empties into a laundry tub, be sure to use a lint sock at the end of the discharge hose.
- Don’t place or store small items above your toilet that can easily fall into the bowl and cause problems. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
With a little bit of planning – and very little effort – you can keep your drains clear and your nerves calm. If a clog or backup does occur and you live in Maryland, contact us and one of our drain cleaning specialists can get to you immediately and clear your drain in no time.