Plenty of things can go wrong around the house during a normal day. Blocked drains are a time-wasting nuisance. Keep them clear with a few simple measures.
You’re bound to encounter one sooner or later, but there’s plenty you can do in the meantime to keep clogged drains at bay, such as:
- Place a strainer over kitchen and bathroom drains if they don’t already have one to prevent hair, pieces of soap, and other debris from slipping through. Clean the strainer as needed. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Every so often remove tub and sink pop-up stoppers and rinse them off.
- Some tubs, showers, and basement floor drains have strainers that are screwed into the drain opening. You can easily remove them and reach down into the drain with a bent wire to clear out accumulated debris. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Pour grease into a coffee can to dispose of with your regular trash – not in your disposal.
- Flush your kitchen drain with cold water before, during, and after using your garbage disposal. Cold water helps prevent food particles from clinging to the inside of your pipes.
- If your clothes washer empties into a laundry tub, be sure to use a lint sock at the end of the discharge hose.
- Don’t place or store small items above your toilet that can easily fall into the bowl and cause problems. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
With a little bit of planning – and very little effort – you can keep your drains clear and your nerves calm. If a clog or backup does occur and you live in Maryland, contact us and one of our drain cleaning specialists can get to you immediately and clear your drain in no time.