Grease is one of the most common cause for hiring a drain cleaning company in Columbus, Ohio One of the reasons is the food that you put down the garbage disposal; and the second reason is washing dishes, pots and pans that have grease on them. The fact of the matter is that no matter how careful you are with food, grease will build up in your drain pipes causing you to hire a drain cleaning company. Obviously, you probably use hot water when you wash the dishes, but the hot water cools off when it contacts with the colder piping in the lower parts of your plumbing and this is what starts the grease buildup in your drains. The grease that you wash down your pipes only starts with a thin film that coats the insides of them, but it eventually collects and builds into a blockage that can only be cleaned out by a professional plumber. If you suspect that your drain pipes are slowing down, it is better to call a plumber in Columbus Ohio right away rather than wait until a real problem develops.
How To Increase Water Pressure
- Determine the cause of the low water pressure. Often times, low water pressure can be a result of poor plumbing within the house.
- Verify that the pipes are the proper diameter. Most modern building codes require pipes to be no wider than 1/2 inch (1.27 cm). If your house predates modern standards, you may simply have outdated plumbing. This can be easily resolved by installing a pipe reduction apparatus, which is available at any plumbing company. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install it.
- Examine the condition of the pipes themselves. Sometimes, rust or corrosion can clog the pipes. The only remedy is to replace the worn out pipe. Again, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install it.
- Proceed with the following steps if the problem is low water pressure in specific faucets. If the pipes are not the problem, you could have a clogged faucet aerator.
- Unscrew the aerator with a pair of pliers, and tap it on the counter to jostle the innards loose. Clean all of the pieces thoroughly and then reinstall them.
- Check the pressure again. If it is still too low, then you probably have a clogged faucet. – Plumbers Columbus Ohio
- Unscrew the stem retainer nut and pull the stem straight up. You will either find a washer alone at the bottom of the stem, or a washer with a spring within the stem of the faucet. Use a screwdriver to remove the washer and/or spring.
- Block the faucet with a cup and turn the water on and off a few times. This should flush out anything causing the clog.
- If you have a single-handled unit, remove the handle by loosening and removing the retaining collar.
- If the pressure is low in the tub faucet, disassemble that faucet in the same manner as described above. Block the faucet with a cup, as previously, to flush out the clog. – Drain Cleaning Company
- When dealing with a single-handled tub faucet, you will encounter a screw on each side, under the large chrome piece. Assure that these are both fully tightened before removing the stem.
- Remove the shower head if the pressure is low there. Remove any internal parts with a screwdriver, clean each piece, and re-install it.
- Turn the water on and off to remove any clogs, and reassemble the faucet.
- Proceed with the following steps if the water pressure still hasn’t improved. In rare instances, the problem may be due to a problem in the home’s water pressure regulator. Usually, the pressure regulator is located somewhere near where the plumbing meets the house. If this is the case, unfortunately, you’ll have to call a Columbus plumbing company to reset it.
- If you’re equipped with a water pressure regulator within your home, you can most likely reset it yourself.
- Loosen the retainer, or lock nut, on the stem. Increase the water pressure by turning the pressure adjustment stem clockwise. Most manufacturers’ pressure settings are 45-55 psi. Residential codes normally stipulate a limit of 50-70 psi. You won’t be able to raise it beyond that standard. – Columbus Plumber
- Verify the change in the water pressure by hooking up a lawn sprinkler, where the varying water flow will be evident.
- If this is still ineffective, internal seats or screens may need to be cleaned within the unit itself. Perform these tasks with care, and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance.
Why do I hear water running in my toilet tank?
The fill valve in the tank has a leak in it. If the fill valve has been replaced recently it is possible that it has been set too high. If the fill valve is old, it could do you no harm to replace it. Sometimes the shaft or wire that is used to set the level, corrodes off. By replacing it your problem should be fixed.
Step 1: Drain the Water
Turn the water supply off (located below and behind the tank).
Step 2: Disassemble the Tank
Remove the internal flapper covering the orifice where the water exits from the tank.
Step 3: Install the New Gasket and Valve
The old gasket is removed and replaced with a new gasket — follow the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure it goes on straight and does not cross-thread.
Need Help? Call the Crawford Mechanical Services, a 24-7 Columbus Plumbing Company at 614-478-9424.
You realize you’re dealing with an excellent Columbus Plumbing Company when specials, and in some cases guarantees, can be obtained over the internet.
We understand you need to have confidence in our plumbing services and that’s why our Columbus emergency plumbers can be obtained at any hour. We understand plumbing problems don’t occur between 9-5 in all cases so we make it a priority to have 24-7 plumbing services available for you.
Our Hydro Jetting technology can unclog main sewer lines, bath tub drains and all things in between.
We always take pride in providing you clean plumbing repair services and professional plumbers who reach on scheduled time and finished their job in time. For us, Columbus plumbing service is more than just repairing pipes – we take is as giving people/customers with a complete customer service experience while hiring Crawford Mechanical Services
Columbus Plumbing Company and expert plumbing services in Ohio the best and clear choice is Crawford Mechanical Services.
We have the best plumbers and plumbing repair services in our industry. We are a trustworthy plumbing service in Columbus, OH and we provide services to both residential homes and commercial requirements. Ours Ohio plumbers work tremendously hard to bring the uppermost level of customer service; it’s our number one target. Our plumbers and plumbing services is available 24/7, we work day and night to provide comfort to our customers.
Businesses of all sizes, from offices to hotels, rely on the expertise and professionalism of Crawford Mechanical Services commercial plumbers of Ohio for their commercial plumbing service needs. With true rapid response service, when your business needs a reliable plumbing company across Columbus, OH and Franklin County, you can count on CMS’s Plumbers to be there.
CMS’s Columbus OH Plumbers can help with all of your commercial plumbing needs, all with priority service from our team of licensed, insured and experienced commercial plumbing professionals. Our services include:
SEWER & DRAIN MAINTENANCE: Including clogged drains and sewer repairs
HOT WATER: Water heaters repairs and installations including modular tankless hot water installations sized to any need.
PIPE LEAKS & REPLACEMENTS: Including leak detecting and repipes.
NEW PLUMBING CONSTRUCTION AND REMODELS: For all types of commercial premises and facility.
BACKFLOW PREVENTION: Annual testing, backflow preventer repairs and new installations.
PLUMBING MAINTENANCE: For all your plumbing maintenance, including customized preventative maintenance programs.
When you choose CMS’s Plumbers you can be sure of reliable, expert contractors skilled in meeting the needs of commercial customers and in helping to keep businesses running with the minimum disruption.
For all your commercial plumbing service needs in Columbus, OH or surrounding areas, call and speak with Crawford Mechanical Services Plumbers of Ohio today.
Does your garbage disposal make a humming sound but does not spin? Is it stopped up and now has a odor? Call Columbus Plumbers at Crawford Mechanical Services. Our plumbing technicians are highly experienced in fixing all your plumbing needs. Ohio Plumbers can fix jammed garbage disposals, and even unclog your drains. Let Crawford Mechanical Services Columbus plumbers diagnose your problem and cure your garbage disposal. Its much easier for you when your garbage disposal works properly.
Crawford Mechanical Services plumbers can repair or replace the following brands of garbage disposal:
Garbage Disposals: The garbage disposer uses an spinning impeller blade to force debris into the blades along the side. As it spins, it grinds the debris through the blades into particles that can easily be flushed through the drain. The disposer relies on water flow to turn the food bits into a slurry that can be easy flushed through the drain.The garbage disposer is not good at grinding fibrous foods like banana peels, celery, artichokes and corn husks. Fibrous foods do not grind into particles but instead creates strings, which tend to jam the disposer and clog the drain.
Makes humming sounds: It may be jammed, or in a worse case situation, the engine has burned out. You should try to un jam first – many garbage disposers come with an Allen wrench designed to fit into a hole at the bottom of your disposer. Use a flashlight to locate the hole, insert the Allen wrench and turn the disposal back and forth to loosen the jam. Turn the power on at the breaker, run cold water and try to turn the disposal on again.
When turned on, nothing happens: When your disposal stops turning, it is often because it senses an overload of power and automatically shuts off. As a precaution, wait a few moments to let the disposal cool down. Most disposers have a reset button on the underside of them. After the unit is cool, press the reset button, run cold water and try turning it on again. If this does not solve the problem, you may need to inspect the cord or wiring. Do not be ashamed to call Crawford Mechanical Services Columbus plumbers to repair the damaged disposal.
I put something in there, and its jammed: There are a number of simple steps that you can start with. After you check the power is off at the breaker ,use a flashlight to locate and identify the obstruction and, if possible, use metal tongs to lift out the obstruction. If this does not work then you may try using a special turning tool (when available)a broom handle, or a wooden spoon. Turn the power on at the breaker, run cold water and try to turn the disposal on again.
Backed up, draining slowly: Food matter will occasionally accumulate in the drain and cause a clog. If an ordinary drain cleaner does not remedy the clog, you’ll have to get your hands dirty. However, if that task does not appeal to, why not contact Crawford Mechanical Services Columbus plumbers and we can repair it for you.
Foul smells: Like all kitchen appliances , you will need to use frequently and maintain. If a garbage disposal is not used frequently, food can sit a in the disposal and then will start to decompose, causing an odor. Run the disposal at least one time per week and flush with water. If the smell persists, you may have a deeper seated problem – please call Crawford Mechanical Services Columbus plumbers and we can advise you if you need our services.
DRAINAGE FIXTURE UNIT (DFU) A measure of the probable discharge into the drainage system by various types of plumbing fixtures. The drainage fixture-unit value for a particular fixture depends on its volume rate of drainage discharge, on the time duration of a single drainage operation and on the average time between successive operations.
AAV– Air Admittance Valve – One-way valve designed to allow air to enter the plumbing drainage system when negative pressures develop in the piping system. The device shall close by gravity and seal the vent terminal at zero differential pressure (no flow conditions) and under positive internal pressures. The purpose of an air admittance valve is to provide a method of allowing air to enter the plumbing drainage system without the use of a vent extended to open air and to prevent sewer gases from escaping into a building.
Plenty of things can go wrong around the house during a normal day. Blocked drains are a time-wasting nuisance. Keep them clear with a few simple measures.
You’re bound to encounter one sooner or later, but there’s plenty you can do in the meantime to keep clogged drains at bay, such as:
- Place a strainer over kitchen and bathroom drains if they don’t already have one to prevent hair, pieces of soap, and other debris from slipping through. Clean the strainer as needed. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Every so often remove tub and sink pop-up stoppers and rinse them off.
- Some tubs, showers, and basement floor drains have strainers that are screwed into the drain opening. You can easily remove them and reach down into the drain with a bent wire to clear out accumulated debris. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
- Pour grease into a coffee can to dispose of with your regular trash – not in your disposal.
- Flush your kitchen drain with cold water before, during, and after using your garbage disposal. Cold water helps prevent food particles from clinging to the inside of your pipes.
- If your clothes washer empties into a laundry tub, be sure to use a lint sock at the end of the discharge hose.
- Don’t place or store small items above your toilet that can easily fall into the bowl and cause problems. >> Drain Cleaning Columbus Ohio
With a little bit of planning – and very little effort – you can keep your drains clear and your nerves calm. If a clog or backup does occur and you live in Maryland, contact us and one of our drain cleaning specialists can get to you immediately and clear your drain in no time.
A good plumbing service is very essential for each and every city. You dont want to find yourself in a flooded house one fine morning with your valuables floating in the water all around you due to leaked pipes. There are a number of good Columbus plumbing services available in and around Ohio. Plumbing problems can be a nightmare for everybody. So it is very essential to choose a good Columbus Ohio plumbing service with dedicated professional who would understand your problems, your value of money and time. In this article I will try to give you some insights about plumbing and on choosing the right plumbing services.
Plumbing is the network system of pipes and drains which are generally installed in a building aimed for the distribution of potable drinking water. It also helps in the removal of waterborne wastes. It is a skilled trade which involves working with pipes, tubing and plumbing networks etc. A plumber is a skilled person who installs and repairs piping systems and equipments such as plumbing fixtures, water heaters.
The main categories of plumbing systems are
Supply of potable cold and hot tap water.
Plumbing drainage venting.
Fuel gas piping.
Rainwater, surface, and subsurface water drainage.
Choosing a good plumber
Well a good Columbus Ohio plumber will make it his aim to always deliver only the best of plumbing services. He should always be ready to help. Your plumbing emergencies can occur anytime. So he should always be ready to come to you at any time of the day if you happen to call him. With all the necessary tools and a thorough understanding of plumbing networks he should be able to respond to and take care of the emergencies like a dedicated professional.
While choosing a plumber always make sure whether the person is a licensed one. It is always advisable to choose a SCLB licensed person, meaning State Contractors License Board. That means your plumbing systems would be in safe hands. A licensed person would always be a thorough professional and he’ll work out in an organized and effective which will save you a lot of money in the long run.